Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Just posted this at JC, but I like it enough to add it here as well.

So there's an Au Bon Pain across the street from my office which I've gone to fairly often for lunch. They do good soups, have decent hot sandwiches and a nice pastry selection. A couple months back, they were one of the NYC restaurants cited for rat infestation (with film!) and were closed for a few days while they remedied the situation. I gave 'em a couple weeks, then returned as a customer. I mean, every place has or has had rats, no big deal. Besides, the whiskers serve as good teeth cleaners.

This horrifies a couple of the ladies in the office who have vowed never to set foot in the place again. I've almost given up trying to convince them of the error of their ways. But just now one of them, unsold that the place could possibly be fit to eat in, said, "You don't think those rats laid eggs while they were there?!?"

Heh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"You don't think those rats laid eggs while they were there?!?"

There is something deucedly erotic about the shape of an egg.